Looking for a yummy treat to give this Christmas season? Here is our favorite gift . . . and our favorite snack! This is a fun recipe that the kids can do almost entirely by themselves. Warning – a mess may occur. We made ours all together and filled dozens of gift bags with this sugary goodness to give throughout the month of December right along with our service projects found in A Gospel Christmas: Our Journey Connecting Santa and His Elf to the Story of Our Savior.
- 14 Cups Chex cereal (we use a variety of Vanilla Chex, Chocolate Chex, Cinnamon Chex, and Honey Nut Chex OR you can use just the standard Rice Chex)
- 18 oz holiday m&ms
- 12 oz semi sweet chocolate, bar or chips
- ½ Cup unsalted butter
- 1 Cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4-5 Cups powdered sugar
- Optional mini-marshmallows
- Melt the peanut butter and butter in a microwave safe dish. Microwave in 30 second intervals until butter is melted. Add the chocolate a little at a time until all is melted into the mix. You might need to microwave one last time to make sure everything is melted and add the vanilla. Stir together.
- In a large bowl add half of the cereal.
- Drizzle half of the chocolate peanut butter mixture into the cereal in the bowl. Mix with a spoon.
- Place one large paper bag into another one. Add ½ cup of the powdered sugar and half of the mixed cereal into the bag. Close this tightly and shake vigorously. Add more powdered sugar ½ cup at a time if needed until all the cereal is coated. Add ¼ of the m&ms into the bag and toss. Place in an air tight container.
- Continue these step with the remaining ingredients.
- Keep stored in an air tight container. It can even freeze if you want!
Our favorite Christmas tradition, and now our story, can all be found in a short little book called A Gospel Christmas: Our Journey Connecting Santa And His Elf To The Story Of Our Savior. You can grab the book anywhere books are sold or via the link below.
DON’T GO YET! I HAVE SOME GREAT GOODIES JUST FOR A MOMMA’S JOY READERS!
Looking for a little help walking through the steps over the 25 days of December? You asked for it – and now it’s here! Check out this FREE PDF How-To Guide to go along with the book!
LAST BUT NOT LEAST . . .
Between now and November 15th you can enter a giveaway for a FREE 25 Days of Christ ornament set of your very own! This would make an amazing addition to any Christmas tradition for your own family or as a gift. And as an added bonus I am throwing in a signed copy of A Gospel Christmas with some fun Christmas goodies as well! This giveaway is valued at almost $100! Enter today!
Do you have a different spin on Reindeer Chow? What do you add or take away? Would love to know your favorite variations in the comments below!
Leave a Reply